Coronavirus (Covid-19) Information
Killarney School of Music is working hard to make our school a safe space for students.
The following Covid-19 Management Plan has been put in place in keeping with the guidelines for safe practice from The Government of Ireland, the HSE and the HSA:
- No person (student, teacher or parent) should come to the school if they or any members of their household are unwell with any of the following symptoms:
- a fever (high temperature – 37.5 degrees Celsius or above)
- a cough – this can be any kind of cough, not just dry
- shortness of breath or breathing difficulties
- loss or change to your sense of smell or taste. – see https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/symptoms.html
- No person (student, teacher or parent) should come to the school if they have been in contact with Covid -19 or have been identified by HSE as a Contact of a person with Covid-19.
- No person (student, teacher or parent) should come to the school if they have travelled from abroad in the last 14 days. – see https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/travel.html
- KSOM reserve the right to refuse students who pose a risk to the health and welfare of our teachers and other students.
- Physical Distancing, hand hygiene and good respiratory etiquette must be observed by all (students, teachers and parents) in reception and in classrooms.
- The Reception area needs to be kept as empty as possible to limit time and proximity between people, we ask that parents avoid the reception. Please drop off and pick up your child close to beginning and end of lessons.
- Payments can now be made online (https://killarneyschoolofmusic.com/product/payment/). Although we will still accept cash, it is preferable for payments to be made online, over the phone or using the card machine.
- Hand Sanitizer is available in waiting areas.
- Soap and warm water are available in toilets.
- Sanitizing surface wipes are available in each room.
- Sanitizing spray is available in each room.
- Regular sanitizing of surfaces, light switches, door handles etc. is being carried out by staff.
- Staff have completed training on Principles of hygiene and use of PPE (On-Line) Course with Kerry ETB.
- A high performance ventilation system gives a continuous supply of filtered fresh air.
- A screen barrier has been installed at the reception desk.
- Perspex barriers are in each room for singing/wind instruments etc.
- Be aware of aerosol production (droplets) coming from singing, mouth piece and end of instrument keep this in mind when seating & direction of students.
- Group singing students are to face forward with physical distancing and not to face each other or form a circle.
- Upon arrival teachers, students, and other persons will:
- Be asked if they are experiencing any flu like symptoms/shortness of breath/fever?
- Have their temperature checked using an infrared laser thermometer
- If anyone has any symptoms or reads a temperature of 37.5’C or over they will be asked to leave, self-isolate and contact their GP requesting a test.
- All persons who are not teachers or students will be asked to give their name and telephone number to reception to assist contact tracing.
- If a teacher experiences symptoms, they will cancel the day’s lessons, self-isolate, get tested and their lessons will be postponed until they have been cleared to work by their GP.
- Signage to highlight the HSE recommendations to prevent infection spread will be displayed:
- Hand washing
- Cough etiquette
- Physical distancing
KSOM will refer to the latest public health advisories issued by government as the situation evolves.
We would like to thank you for your co-operation and understanding in these challenging times.